Saturday, October 9, 2010

A World of Exciting Options



Well, the fans of my blog who have been flooding me with emails and inquiries, compelled me to show some of the options I am considering. The prices have yet to be negotiated, and the shipping cost is still a huge unknown at this point. I originally thought that a minimum order was necessary. However, after a few interactions via Skype, my contact told me that it is possible to order samples. She will send me the sample price list, which will, inevitably be higher than ordering in bulk. Additionally, I have found about a dozen other manufacturere that offer similar catalogs, so I do have options. 


I’m still excited about the prospect of having my dream interior. There is just no way I let this dream of such an intérieur grandiose die. This petit bourgeois français will not take no from any Prolétarien Chinois. I will have the décor I envisionned.


The promess of spending money is an exhilarating one. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain (I am loosely quoting Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption).


I welcome any comment or advice from anybody who has attempted a similar adventure.  


So without further ado, here’s the list of pieces I’m considering buying from  a Chinese factory.



Lounge Chair and Ottoman, 
 by American Designers Charles and Ray Eames



Lounge Chair in pony skin, 
by Swiss-French Designer Le Corbusier 



Soft Pad Group Executive Chair, 
by American Designers Charles and Ray Eames



 Lobby Chair
 by American Designers Charles and Ray Eames



by German-American Ludwig Mies van der Rohe



Barcelona Sofa
by German-American Ludwig Mies van der Rohe



Corona Chair,
by Danish Designer Poul M. Volther



by Finnish Designer Eero Aarnio



 Eye Ball Chair,
by Finnish Designer Eero Aarnio
 


by Danish Designer Arne Jacobsen 



Lounge Chair,  
by American Designer Florence Knoll



Bibendum Chair, 
by Irish Designer Eileen Gray



Arco Floor Light, 
by Italian Designer Achille Castiglioni



Solid Wood Bench,
by American Designer George Nelson



 Elipse Table,
by American Designers Charles and Ray Eames



Coffee Table,
By Japanese-American Artist and Designer Isamu Noguchi



___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment