Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Craigslist Game: Furniture Edition


Here I thought I was going to enjoy my blog retirement, only to have my readers harass me to make a come back on the blogosphere. The furniture game is warming up for yours truly. This gentleman decided not to compromise on his vision and is now looking to complete the decor of his chez-soi. Short for the pimp-pad will soon be even pimpier. 

Of course, even un petit bourgeois like myself has to live by society's rules of commerce, and my fiduciary means are somewhat modest in these very earthly days. This is not to discourage this treasure hunter, as I embarked in an online hunt for the perfect space-age decor. 


I have been browsing on Craigslist in the Greater So-Cal area in order for my place to finally presentable. I am giving you a little pot-pourri of the little jewels that one can find online. Some of them are hard to show you, as they bring back memories of losses, as this gentleman has let a few items slipped away. 


The first posting is this spectacular living room set, listed at $1500 in Laguna. 3-seater sofa; loveseat and a table. Plastic outer-shell, brown leather. Designer unknown. Breathtaking. This is the one that got away. I still mourn the loss.





Green Danish Pod Chair spotted in Santa Maria for $350







Here's a Beauty: Brown Leather Lounge-Chair with Ottoman. Spotted in Costa Mesa for $450. The next couple of days will tell if fate want to unite me with this chair. 
(Update: February 2013 - I got it for $400)




Lounge Chair and Ottoman by Milo Baughman
(Private Seller in LA)
$500



German Designer Luigi Colani Space Age Lamp
Diameter: 15.75"
Height: 7.80"






Space Age Lounge Chair by Sergio Mazza (Private Seller) - LA
26" H x 32" W x 36" D
$1599





Denmark's Finn Juhl Pelican Lounge Chairs - Private Seller (SD)
$1500 for the pair 






Telstar Telephone by Western Electric - Private Seller
$85




1971 Klaus Uredat Chair - Private Seller (Chicago)
$4200




The Floating Sofa, By Warren Platner (Private Seller) - 'Bama
$2000


No comments:

Post a Comment